Bibliophile Sweater KAL
Alicia and I are super excited to cohost a read & knitalong for you guys for our Bibliophile Sweater collaboration!
Who: You! Anyone can participate
What: A readalong AND knitalong! We will be reading a fantasy novel (TBD) while we knit--you can read or listen to an audiobook, totally up to you.
When: July 1, 2022 - August 31, 2022
Where: Instagram for posting; we will use my discord server for our group chat.
Why: Because it's fun! There will also be prizes!
- The pre-order for the Bibliophile kits is closed and orders have been shipped!
- If you purchased yarn from me, don't forget to use your 45% off coupon for the pattern! The code expires July 1st!
View & purchase the Bibliophile Sweater pattern on Ravelry
- Finished Bust Circumference: 32 (36, 40, 44, 48, 52)[56, 60, 64, 68, 72, 76] inches / 81.5 (91.5, 101.5, 112, 122, 132)[142, 152.5, 162.5, 172.5, 183, 193] cm
- Intended to be worn with 2-4"/5-10cm positive ease
- Gauge: 24 sts and 28 rows = 4 inches/10 cm in stockinette on larger needles
- Needles: US 6/4.0 mm and US 4/3.5 mm circulars and coordinating DPNs or 9" circulars if not magic looping
- Yardage: 1025 (1150, 1250, 1375, 1500, 1650)[1775, 1900, 2000, 2175, 2275, 2350] yards / 925 (1050, 1150, 1275, 1375, 1500)[1625, 1750, 1850, 1975, 2075, 2150] meters
- Please note the yardages are estimates and your actual usage will vary depending upon gauge, length, neckline choice, modifications, etc.
- Notes: This sweater is worked from the top down, flat to start and then joined in the round at center front when neckline shaping is completed.
- Winner! ✨ A Fate of Wrath & Flame
- Discussion: Wednesdays at 6pm MT on discord (page numbers from paperback edition)
- July 13th: Prologue-Chapter 7 (to page 85)
- July 20th: Chapters 8-12 (to page 173)
- July 27th: Chapters 13-17 (to page 249)
- August 3rd: Chapters 18-22 (to page 331)
- August 10th: Chapters 23-26 (to page 420)
- August 17th: Chapters 27-31 (to page 492/end)
- Book 2: A Curse of Blood & Stone
- August 24th: Chapters 1-11 (to page 110)
- August 31st: Chapters 12-22 (to page 243)
- September 7th: Chapters 23-35 (to page 363)
- September 14th: Chapters 36-45 (to page 440/end)
- Fellowship of the Ring -- we had to put this one in there since most of the yarn colourways are from the Fellowship of the Yarn collection!
- What Lies Beyond the Veil
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January
- The Starless Sea
- Using one of my Smutwood Peak or Dead Man's Flats bases is preferred, but absolutely not required.
- You must make the Bibliophile Sweater pattern.
- Be friendly; no putting down others/body shaming/anything unkind. There is zero tolerance for negativity here.
- You must start your project on or after July 1st. The goal is to finish by the close of the KAL on August 31st, but you can still join in and are eligible for prizes if you don't finish on time but have participated in our chat. This is a relaxed, fun knitalong 🖤
- Use the hashtag on a grid post to document your project(s)! This is how we will be tracking entries for the prizes. Please tag us in the actual photo too!
- Patterns from @AliciaPlums
- $50 gift card to my shop
- Bibliophile enamel pin
- Some other fun goodies!